Performance Exhaust GM part Number

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BrotriX

Reaction score
I was looking at these options but the GM performance exhaust for my 2024 6.2l Tahoe is #84888291(different number than the one you got), the Borla is the same #19433760. The price difference is almost $1k cheaper for the Borla and the GM #84888291 describes increased 13HP and torque. The Chevy Parts website offers the option for dealer installation for $200 which sounds pretty cheap for dealer work.

Did you say that the GM performance was quieter than the Borla? Did you pay almost $1k more for the GM performance you went with?
Hopefully you can answer my questions as I originally wanted to get a system right from Borla. Borla is slightly cheaper than the Chevy Parts online but they are running coupon for 15% off and I have rewards points to apply so it is pretty close
I would guess the difference in the part number between yours and mine is simply that yours has the Chevy bow tie engraved exhaust tips rather than the GMC engraved exhaust tips.

The Borla one has Borla on the exhaust tips, so it is not GM brand specific.

The GM and Borla exhaust systems used to cost almost the exact same amount. Then GM increased their version by $1000. My situation was weird. I wanted the GM one (when it was $1000 less) but my dealership accidentally got the Borla one instead and installed it, after which it was considered a used part and they couldn’t return or exchange it. I didn’t realize the difference at the time until I drove it and thought this is too loud for my daily driver and then noticed the exhaust tips said Borla. I wasn’t going to fork over another couple thousand dollars for the correct exhaust but managed to find one lightly used on eBay for 400 bucks. Worked out great. But I still have the Borla system if you have any interest!

GM is definitely quieter than Borla.

BacDoc

Reaction score
I would guess the difference in the part number between yours and mine is simply that yours has the Chevy bow tie engraved exhaust tips rather than the GMC engraved exhaust tips.

The Borla one has Borla on the exhaust tips, so it is not GM brand specific.

The GM and Borla exhaust systems used to cost almost the exact same amount. Then GM increased their version by $1000. My situation was weird. I wanted the GM one (when it was $1000 less) but my dealership accidentally got the Borla one instead and installed it, after which it was considered a used part and they couldn’t return or exchange it. I didn’t realize the difference at the time until I drove it and thought this is too loud for my daily driver and then noticed the exhaust tips said Borla. I wasn’t going to fork over another couple thousand dollars for the correct exhaust but managed to find one lightly used on eBay for 400 bucks. Worked out great. But I still have the Borla system if you have any interest!

GM is definitely quieter than Borla.
Thanks for the reply. I would get your Borla system in a heartbeat but my wife is the issue lol ! She thinks the stock exhaust is too loud on startup and anything more aggressive than that is going to be a hard sell.

I’m going to pm you about your Borla as that might work out for both of us

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jimxms