Performance Programmer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zooyork

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey everyone

I am new to the site and needed some advice,

I have a 1999 2 door Tahoe I am looking for a power programmer to read codes and alter the stock performance.
I am doing a full custom vehicle and possibly might swap out the engine for a newer motor and possibly do an ECU upgrade to run the newer 2000 – up dash gauges and motor.

I so far have found great info on these listed below

Superchips - FlashPaq
Hypertech - Max energy power
Jet - performance programmer

I need something that I can use for the current stock set up I have and still be able to use this on the possible upgraded motor and ECU

Any info or experience anyone has with these please let me know what you recommending…

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
there are many threads about programmers. Honestly, the gains are not justified by the price of a Handheld. I tried Hypertech once and hated it. Im sure many people will chime in and say Blackbear. I too will do a BB tune one day. If your looking to scan and erase codes, you can get a handheld scanner from any auto store for about 50 bucks.

Jim_Rockford

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You should look at removing it and having it sent to PCMPerformance, They will offer a much better tune than a crappy hand held tuner.

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yup, I had a Hyper Tech...went with a custom tune after the engine swap. Dyno prooven results . A custom tune will make a noticable change