Pics of 2/3 or 3/5 Drop with 24's?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JKmotorsports

Rollin the boosted grocery-getter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Would keys work on every tahoe and yukon(01-06)?

Yes, but up to a certain point. You can only drop the front so much with keys until it's too far to re-align the camber back to spec. You can still usually get a good 2-3 inches with keys on our trucks and still get the camber specs back on track.

JKmotorsports

Rollin the boosted grocery-getter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm still kinda worried to do a 3/5.. but I think I'm going to go for it.

I run 305/35/24's so if JK can do it.. hopefully so can I.

JK, is there anything I need to be especially aware of on the 3/5? I'll just try and copy what you have installed on yours. The shop I'm going to take it to is really good.. so I'm sure they will get it no prob.

I would remove the rear bumpstop brackets on the frame and relocate the rear bumpstops. This will give you some add'l clearance for a better ride. If not, the bumpstops sit so close to the axle, that everytime you hit a bump or drive on a rough road, it will bottom out and have a harsh, bouncy ride.

Grocery Getter

A guy with a truck.
Reaction score
*drools*

3/5 drop on 4's is expensive. Lots of mods to get it to fit, and ride worth a sh*t.

I'm looking to drop mine... just can't afford it right now. I figure it's going to cost around a grand.

People with drops - what did you pay?

I paid $300 for my McGaughy's 3/5 kit (keys, springs, control arm relocators) and another $100 for shocks and installed it myself, so $400 total. I run 22's(305/45's) though but my rig rides like a dream(free travel mod a must). I had a lot of rubbing issues at first but then I took my isolators out and the additional 1/2'' or so adjusted the angle of the whole thing and now I barely rub up front. I am going to roll my rear fenders soon to eliminate the minor rubbing I get on corners at high speeds and get a new rear sway bar.

Check Ebay and Craigslist, I see kits going for cheap all the time.

P6040164.jpg
P6040165.jpg

Badluck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
3/5 McGaughys kit with free travel mod and McGaughys drop shocks in the rear. Rubber isolators removed. 24" x 10" rims w/ 275/30 rubber. I bought from Tim on this site. He has the best prices by far. I have the front keys cranked all the way to bring the front up. I am working on getting the back to sit level with the front. It's also a 4x4.

dsc0017zc.jpg

coopiesb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what size rims are those.....i just got the same kit

---------- Post added at 01:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:35 AM ----------

24's i could have looked at ur sig......

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhanson002