Pics of the Hybrid's rear spoiler/3rd brake light?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

Just wondering if anyone had pics of the Hybrid's straight-across (as opposed to the standard Tahoe's) rear spoiler with the integrated 3rd brake light. From what I've seen, it looks much cleaner than mine -- but I can't tell how it "meshes" with the rear corners/appliques. It looks like maybe the corners have notches to accommodate the spoiler. Can someone confirm this? Would the Hybrid spoiler fit on the standard Tahoe without changes to the corners? Thanks!

/< / /2 /<

CPMS

Reaction score
My truck (1 month old Tahoe Hybrid) is in the garage now but I'll try to remember take a pic of it tomorrow. I've read that the spoiler is different (longer) but never really took the time to compare. Makes me curious.

OP
OP
KMeloney

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My truck (1 month old Tahoe Hybrid) is in the garage now but I'll try to remember take a pic of it tomorrow. I've read that the spoiler is different (longer) but never really took the time to compare. Makes me curious.

Thanks! Well, for one thing, I think the appliques on the hybrid stick out (rearward) farther than on the standard Tahoe -- but I'm not sure if the spoiler also is wider across the rear window than standard.

If you could take a pic or two, that'd be great! Thanks!

OP
OP
KMeloney

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for that pic, Ed. Maybe you can answer my question, since I can't seem to make it out from that pic. Does your spoiler extend (width-wise) into or beyond the inside edge of the corners/appliques? The standard Tahoe spoiler sits completely inside of the appliques (there is no "overlap"). It looks like maybe your spoiler rolls outward (from where it's mounted to the tailgate window) and extends on either side beyond the edge of the appliques. Is this true, or am I seeing things?

I am ultimately wondering how the spoiler would look on a Tahoe with standard appliques. If your spoiler is longer (front-to-back) than a standard one, AND it extends beyond the also-longer appliques, then it would probably look stupid on a standard Tahoe. Just trying to get some more info on it.

Thanks!

OP
OP
KMeloney

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
See if this pic helps

Yeah, ok, so it completely "wraps" around the inner edge of the appliques and kind of blends in with them. That answers that. Looks like the spoiler really requires the appliques. Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dapdapdap