Plasti Dip Whole Tahoe??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jdpber

GOLD MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
unless you know people. but it will look good..

another option.. is go to walmart buy 5 cases of matt black rattle cans and some maskign tape.. mask it well. and do a bunch of thin coats in the yard.. and you have your black car for about $50

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
material is less than $1000, but labor for someone else to do it will be $1500 to $2000

That's what I was getting ready to say. About $3k with having a professional do it.

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wrap or leave it.

Plasti Dip over a large surface is hard to control the "sheen" of and make it look right.

OP
OP

301tennis

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I guess the wrap is a great idea if you know you want matte. Thats the problem for me i guess. I think i want matte but not 100% sure. So i was thinking invest $400, comes with wagnor spray gun, 4 gallons of plasti dip, masking tape, cleaning solution, from DYR.com. From the videos i watched, using the gun makes it very simple to get a smooth non texture finish. The folks that use spray guns get the texture and uneven coats.

OP
OP

301tennis

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Pics of Porsche Dipped

Attachments

• black porsche.jpg
    black porsche.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 114
  • painting porshce.jpg
    painting porshce.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 119
  • white porsche.jpg
    white porsche.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 129

edgaranah1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup seen those Dip Your car videos on YouTube. They come out looking just as good as a wrapped car and only costs about 10% of what you spend on a wrap. About 300-400. If you really want to change things up go for it man, and post results here. You'll be the first one on this forum to dip their entire truck.

Sent from my iPhone 4g using Tapatalk

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gloss wrap does not last as long as matte wrap..........FYI.

Also, white PlastiDip stains....Tar, bugs, bird crap that has berries in it, and just plain turns yellow later.

GalaxyBlackEsky

BlackedoutLT3
Reaction score
Plasti dip is cheaper but I don't think there is any really long term reviews on it for a whole car. But wrap is a little more but will last. I have a guy I know that said 1500 for everything on mine.

BP RETIRED

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup seen those Dip Your car videos on YouTube. They come out looking just as good as a wrapped car and only costs about 10% of what you spend on a wrap. About 300-400. If you really want to change things up go for it man, and post results here. You'll be the first one on this forum to dip their entire truck.

Sent from my iPhone 4g using Tapatalk

In the spring I will be P dipping my white tahoe Matte black. So if he does not do it, I will be later on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tahoe nate