Plastidip and Debadge of Tahoe COMPLETE-- LOTS OF PICS!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

steven johnson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
how does the plastic-dip hold up in a touch less car wash . truck gets wash once a week, touch less or hand. did you just degreese the grill,wash, pastic-dip or did you sand it. Any information will be helpful. Thanks

OP
OP
MACHO

MACHO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I only hand wash and I've had the front grille done for about 3 weeks, so couldn't say. Other people have said it holds up to a pressure washer. Not sure about the harsher detergents in the touchless washes tho.

Don't sand! A, you dont need to, and B, that takes away one of the biggest advantages of Pdip--it's removable, if you ever wanted to go back to your original finish. Just spray a light coat on the first pass (look at my first bowtie pic), 50% transparency, and then you can build the rest of the coats on that

Donovan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
steven johnson said:
how does the plastic-dip hold up in a touch less car wash . truck gets wash once a week, touch less or hand. did you just degreese the grill,wash, pastic-dip or did you sand it. Any information will be helpful. Thanks

It holds up great even with direct pressure washing. I have had mine done for a several months and probably 10-15 trips to the car wash and have had no issues.

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What do you guys use to clean the eraser wheel residue?

OP
OP
MACHO

MACHO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What do you guys use to clean the eraser wheel residue?

Used a microfiber towel and lightly dusted it away. Don't know what to call it but we kinda "fanned" or "swatted" the eraser bits off the the paint.

looking saaaaawheeeeeeeeeet!

Thanks Carmine.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968