Please help which engine do i use......

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1999thaoor00yuk

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi im in california central valley to be exact and i have a huge problem. I have a 99 taho with about 189,000 miles on the engine it has no rear drive line and was driven in two wheel drive for 4 or 5 months. Now add in the fact that when i bought it i wasnt able to drive any farther than out of a flat drive way and unable to make it out of the gutter and on to the street. I could of done this with a stationary excersice bike, i was sliding through all the gears but nothing grabbed. It also had a loud knock. I pulled that engine out and my wishy washy mechanic discovered a loose bearing due to a loose faulty bolt, and a busted transfer case the tube solenoid i think. I bought a 2000 yukon 5.7 liter engine with about 110,000 miles and is missing one exaughst manifold and busted oil pan this will convert the taho to a 2x2 ride only. i dont know what engine to put in now since my mechanic says the original moter is still a workhorse. what do i do.

BRUTUS_T_HOG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Swap the engine and swap over the oil pan if you need 4WD. Sounds like you need a transmission to me. And a new mechanic

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trojjan