Poll - How many 2WD, 4WD, AWD?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2 E L O

Full Access Member
Reaction score
4WD... I couldn't survive the winters here without it. And I like to play on sandy beaches and up in the Colorado/Wyoming Rockies during the summer.

2WD FTL.

olsonk_89

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
AWD. If I could do it again I would have probably found one with a regular 4x4 transfer case, but having the stabilitrak can be pretty handy. I was thinking that it might be possible to disengage a wire that sends the signal to the front wheels to lock in under slip. It is my understanding that the rear wheels are the only drive wheels during normal conditions and the front wheels are activated when a slip is detected.

05Yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You aren't going to be able to disable a wire that sends power to the front wheels the system doesn't work that way. I have heard that it is possible to replace the transfer case with a regular 4wd one but that would also require reprogramming and would probably be costly.

2 E L O

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not when you live in California and the weather is "o so nice"
I hate you. :flipthebird: This winter has been sooooo f'n terrible. I just read today that we've had at least 1" of snow on the ground for 71 consecutive days. The all-time record is 74 consecutive days. Forecast is cold for the next couple of weeks so it looks like we'll be breaking that record. FML. :emotions122:

I'd still get 4WD even if I lived in Cali, though... I like playing off road too much to not have it there if I need it. I have my Mustang to pound the pavement with... :)

Young28

The Yukon God
Reaction score
awd laying running board!

well i guess the plan is to still have awd..we will see if it works.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burgy