Poor Gas Mileage After Tune Up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

txranger

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2007 Yukon 5.3 Flex purchased new Oct 2007. 3 Weeks ago at 98K miles I changed the Plugs & Wires (AC Delco 41-110 & 748RR) and removed and cleaned the throttlebody and did a throttle position relearn with the GM Tech 2. I was previously getting around 16 MPG as a daily driver. After the tune up, I'm looking at a best of 14 MPG for the past 1K+ miles. Prior to the tune up, the only maintenance items have been regular oil changes and one transmission service at 50K miles. I use either Shell or Chevron regular fuel (87 octane). Has anyone else experienced this, or have any ideas?

phileaglesfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since you noticed it after the tune up then it is most likely something you did during the tune-up. Different plugs? Plug gap? Wires? Throttle position relearn?

dsl100

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i would suspect you may have a lean condition (remove throttle body did not get it resealed) have your tech put a scanner on it and watch the o2 sensors ,when operating 2 will give a - value ,2 will give a number in the positive side .they should equal 0 when added together

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check the spark plug gaps, confirm connections are tight, and throttle position relearn was done correctly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trojjan