Possible flub up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

05goatls2

Reaction score
So in the haste of a good deal and also very badly needing tires for my 93 yukon, I bought a set of used 33x12.50 on 15s. I didn't do enough research, because it's starting to seem like I'm going to need a major suspension lift to fit these suckers. I put one of the front tires on, lowered it back onto the ground, and cranked the truck to turn the wheels all the way to the left and all the way to the right. It looks like it needs just about 2 inches to fully clear the tire from rubbing against the fender. My question is, could I get away with cranking the stock keys a couple inches and throwing a set of blocks in the back, or am I SOL until I buy a lift.

I know there is going to be a few guys to through out a quick response and say "buy a 6" lift and call it a day"... That will be in the near future when I save up. But for now, money is tight, and I'm curious if anyone else has gotten away by cranking the keys a little? Thanks!

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I ran a 33x12.5 with no lift. Make sure to run stock wheels and crank the bars up a little and they will be ok, they will rub though

OP
OP
05goatls2

05goatls2

Reaction score
I ran a 33x12.5 with no lift. Make sure to run stock wheels and crank the bars up a little and they will be ok, they will rub though

Thanks bowtie, I can always rely on you for a quick response. Anyways, I think I'm going to do a 3" body lift. It's within my pricerange this month, it may be hard to put it on but I'm sure I can handle it.

Do you think it this will be enough for right now? Eventually i will get an RCX 6" kit, probably this october (bonus), combine for about 8" of lift, and then it'll be time for bigger tires :lol2: :emotions122:

One more question. I was hearing from somebody that if you do a body lift, you increase the chances of the engine overheating since it sits higher than the engine... is this true?

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A bodylift will definitly clear them.

I honestly do not know much about a bodylift but I've heard the same thing but I thought it was more of an airflow issue to the radiator.

OP
OP
05goatls2

05goatls2

Reaction score
I'm not really sure either. I think I'll take the chance. I was trying to find an answer online and couldn't to much avail. Since the body will be sitting about 3"higher, the K&N intake box will be sitting higher and I'm going to need some sort of adapter to raise the intake. Any suggestions?

xanatost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you get a good BL kit it should come with some brackets for the radiator. When I did the lift on my jeep it came with it.

OP
OP
05goatls2

05goatls2

Reaction score
Update... Went to crank the keys and I noticed that there wasn't much thread left to crank... The guy before me had already cranked them! I always wondered why the front end sat higher than the rearend. So I went ahead and put the wheels on and it rubs like crazy! :emotions122: The rims arent stock ones, I'm not sure what brand they are. I'm thinking that I'm just going to put the old wheels back on and crank the torsion keys back to make it level. Might go with a body lift in a month or so.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk morgan