Underpowered Possible vacuum leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
your ac system is low. when low the compressor comes on and off.

sounds like a idler chirp. pull the belt, hand spin everything. if you dont see a belt diagram under the hood some where, take a pic of the belt on the truck. nothing like trying to figure out that puzzle lol

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Where would I hook that gauge up to and what would this tell me/ what psi reading should suggest normal range
you would need to check to verify psi for your vehicle mine was supposed to be 2.5psi max, it was reading 5 at idle and 10 with throttle
but the test is done thru the 02 sensor bung, (pre-cat)

OP
OP
Angelo217

Angelo217

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

sounds like a idler chirp. pull the belt, hand spin everything. if you dont see a belt diagram under the hood some where, take a pic of the belt on the truck. nothing like trying to figure out that puzzle lol
I know these gauges usually aren’t trusted but it actually said the system was slightly overfilled, one of those autozone cans. It’s just strange to me how the ac only starts acting up immediately when the check engine light comes on for the FTPS.

The ac will work fine for a straight month, and then check engine will come on and it acts up.

OP
OP
Angelo217

Angelo217

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

Idler chirp would cause that whistling noise?

And I recently had the belt off doing the water pump 3 weeks ago, all them bearings up front sounded fine

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Matts65ss