Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

red02chevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice, everything really looks good man. So, I take it you powerder coated all the new crossmembers. Cool
I'm interested in seeing your 4-link. I have been dieing for a linked rear set up, finally am going with a truck arm after seeing a 2dr with this set up make a run on an autoX track.
Since you have access to a lazer and have made those brackets for the trac bars, would you be willing to make some and sell them?
I also have a set of factory hangers. I'm using BTs lift hangers for my flip.

Check out porterbuilt street rods for some custom trailing arms. He should be able to make you what you need out 2" dom.

Yeah, I will see what he can do them for and let you know.

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
YEEE YEEEEE!!!! LIIIVE ACTION!! HAHA.....

IM actually proud to know that overall, but maybe not 110%, my factory v6 with one coil cut springs, i installed for free under the front of my truck last night and it rides the same as my fullsize xcab did with $189 drop springs. i just had it realigned and put drop shocks on it...peice of cake and xtra cash in my pocket. hate it, im good with it :)

Good news to hear, but that doesn't apply to every vehicle on the road. Never cut springs that is on a strut. Post pics and spread the good news! Keep on Modding!

Doesn't it feel good to save money and apply towards something else? I love the feeling of doing a lot more and spending a lot less with great success! What is next?

---------- Post added at 10:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:21 PM ----------

some sweet rides in here. This is the first time in a long time I've been in this section. In all honesty I'm a little scared. I feel like I wondered into a dark alley alone.

Your a little scared b/c as you are getting older and your family is growing, getting into a lifted vehicle is a PITA! If I was your kids, I would hate you! Your trucks are racist to the vertically challenged it is not fair!

Imagine how faster and how much more clean fun you would have with the 383 in a lowered two door? You never see guys complain about washing out all the road grime after a good cruise vs all the mud after off-roading.

HERE IS SOME PEANUT BUTTER FOR YOUR JEALOUSY SANDWICH!

http://youtu.be/WKOKIrf7OHQ

---------- Post added at 10:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 PM ----------

you guys arent helping me trying to stay away from another hoe....

shame on you for selling the nali! The only hoe you are allowed to buy is if it is a limited or a police package!

Smdh!

<3 you all except Devs, we lost a clean Nali. hope the owner takes good care of it!

Last edited:

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Different strokes for different folks man. I'd much rather have my components then your generic bolt on Firestone helper bags. But as long as it gets the job done and you're happy, who cares?

If you don't think you can get a good ride with altered suspension you need to do some research. There are plenty of shops and guys out there building some trick chassis that ride way better then stock. I'd have to say that my Tahoe rides quite a bit better after I altered the suspension then when it was stock.

Those builds do nothing for me. I have ruined several trucks in the past and now prefer simple bolt on setups to change when I want to do something different. Laying frame on big wheels was cool in 2005.

Sure I have all the tools and can build anyone that wants some traction bars a set. Just like my other parts, they're not cheap. You have to remove the factory rubber leaf spring bushings and install a billet piece in order for the plates to fit between the factory hanger. The hanger will also have to be clearanced to clear the link bolt. Fairly easy if you have the tools and know how. Where the cnc parts are cool is for times like this, I have everything drawn up on templates and if someone wants a set of them all I do is have them cut and they're ready to go.

Like I said everyone has their own opinion, obviously yours and mine are quite a bit different.

IMG_3120.jpg

IMG_3123.jpg

IMG_3127.jpg

IMG_3134.jpg

IMG_3117.jpg

a120a36a.jpg

@ Everyone...this is a forum which in at times we are allowed to debate.

I agree with your statement 110% different strokes for different folks!
I do admire the effort put into your set-up. At least it has not been TYRONE'd.

I think it is great you have access to such CNC and Water Jet machines.
Since I and a lot of people here on forums lack that luxury, the fire stone kit or any other kit takes a decent amount of man hours out of the fabrication. No one really makes any bolt on lowering kits for our trucks, hopefully you can make some coin. From what I understand and correct me if I am wrong, CNC and water jetting is just slabbing in a hunk of metal and programming the machine to create a part to perfection.

"If you don't think you can get a good ride with altered suspension you need to do some research. There are plenty of shops and guys out there building some trick chassis that ride way better then stock. I'd have to say that my Tahoe rides quite a bit better after I altered the suspension then when it was stock."

I never said that

I said this... No matter how low you go the ride will never be the same.

I kept that open ended, b/c it is a 2 way street. difference from a good job and a tyrone'd job. We are all Savy here so there is no need to go into detail. Some race cars run air bag suspension.

"Laying frame on big wheels was cool in 2005." Still being done today...and when done right is Sexy as F*<k....That statement covers all areas of modifications. IMO You may not have to agree with certain things on a vehicle but you can always appreciate & compliment some clean work!

I would be an idiot, if I was dis-credit your work. It is extremely clean and well thought out aka over engineered ; )

Firestone kit like any other kit, when done RIGHT will have great success. You can use a decent amount out of the kit to fabricate a set-up, obviously you would have already spent a decent amount of money on your suspension before considering modifying for air bags.

I would be very interested in your traction bars...once I get my rear all set up. You mentioned stock hangers...what about aftermarket ones? I don't even know what factory hanger looks like anymore compared to aftermarket.

---------- Post added at 11:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 PM ----------

^ that homie is crazy. :D

Uhhh you have to be crazy to spend a crazy amount of money and hours on a tahoe. In the real world it is a poor investment. :party33: That is why were are on a forum so we can all be crazy together!

Shit like this happens when a bunch of us get together

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRItYDKSqpQ

red02chevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let me know how many people are interested in the traction bars and I will get a price. They will have to be for vehicles with a flip kit. If you need traction bars and a flip kit I can probably do that. Should work on both 2 and 4 doors no problem. I can also make them for trucks.

godoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
CIMG0774.jpg
Belltech keys/cut bumpstops
3" shackles/overload removed til I can decide if I wanna run a flip kit.
Belltech Drop Shocks & 275/40r20s

---------- Post added at 12:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 PM ----------

Seeing yours, I cannot wait to get my Denali clip on... Love the look of yours.

Wow!!

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk 2

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
Let me know how many people are interested in the traction bars and I will get a price. They will have to be for vehicles with a flip kit. If you need traction bars and a flip kit I can probably do that. Should work on both 2 and 4 doors no problem. I can also make them for trucks.

Hit me up on a price, i just contacted Caltracs and they were going to make me a set, but if your offering and since your work is sick as shit.. lol

slowbuilt_iv

Reaction score
Good news to hear, but that doesn't apply to every vehicle on the road. Never cut springs that is on a strut. Post pics and spread the good news! Keep on Modding!

Doesn't it feel good to save money and apply towards something else? I love the feeling of doing a lot more and spending a lot less with great success! What is next?

Cut springs on a strut? my springs are between lower a ARM and frame pocket? Or are you referring to a 4wd perhaps?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
simpleman76667