Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

clean454

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no i dont but im taking my wheels off today and ill look at them to see if i can fine off set
i need to get different rims and i could go lower my off set is huge 305 40 22

99Bo-Tie

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
hey lowered 4wd owners. How low can you go with torsion keys? and how does the front end ride? I really want to lower mine. and what is the best way to lower the rear? dont want to go to low. I have to haul my boat in the summer

clean454

Full Access Member
Reaction score
u can go a inch or 2 with stock keys up front u need drop keys to lower the front more
if u tow how heavy is ur boat?
id just get shackles for the rear and i will drop u a 1-2 inches in the rear and just adjust the front keys down
if u wanna go lower ur prolly gunna need helper bags to support ur boat or whatever your towing

99Bo-Tie

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
ya the boat is pretty big. maybe 3000 pounds fully loaded? I have been wanting to get helper bags for some time anyways. I guess i can start with shackles and just crank down my stock keys. can i run helper bags with the shackle/hanger drop?

clean454

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea you can
look around online the helper bag does above the middle of the leaf spring to the frame

clean454

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no problem bro
i think stylin trucks .com google it
they have kits
and im sure some one will chime in with there helper bag set ups

2drhoeon4s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2" shackle in the rear and stock keys cranked down in the front.... thats it.... oh and I forgot the hundreds of pounds of stereo equipment and batteries in the back...haha

Da90

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2wd dropped 2/4 with springs up front and shackle hanger kit in the rear. Was running 24" U2-85 with 295/35/24 tires(rubbed to much). Now Gino 498s with 255/30/24 Nitto Invo tires.
New rims
picture.jpg
picture.jpg
picture.jpg
picture.jpg

Last edited: