Potential buyer question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GrandTheftAudio

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys, loving all the discussions on the forum, seems to be a valuable resource. Just thought I'd ask for some input - at this point would you go for a used 2021 with relatively low mileage or is there enough in a 2022 to go with a new one. Looking for broad brush feedback, but please feel free to get in the weeds. Thanks in advance for any responses!

Brand0n

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2022 for digital dash alone….even more so with marked up used pricing currently..

tom3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've always figured a low mileage one year old machine on a lot probably had a problem that worried the owner enough to trade it in. And many 2021s do seem to be having some problems. And with used prices so high I'd sure try for the brand new machine.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, loving all the discussions on the forum, seems to be a valuable resource. Just thought I'd ask for some input - at this point would you go for a used 2021 with relatively low mileage or is there enough in a 2022 to go with a new one. Looking for broad brush feedback, but please feel free to get in the weeds. Thanks in advance for any responses!
being a long time GM owner of various models, If I had the option I would go for a CPO 2020 drive that a couple years and wait till like 2024, presumably the chip shortage will be over by then and the bugs worked out better the 2022's coming off the line now have a whole new operating system (android based), you will have to have to pay a subscription for even built in navigation to work, no telling what else they may try to pull
Or at the very least wait a few more months to see if production ramps up and prices level out, it's a sellers market right now new or used.

H1Chester

Full Access Member
Reaction score

If you buy used right now you are wasting money. Also like some posters commented some 2021's have issues. You can get a brand new 2022 for less money than a used low miles 2021.

MoofPotter

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2022. The new dash alone ages the 2021s, and I’d wager you can get a 22 for the same or cheaper than a 21 in this market.

GMGator

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just bought a new 2021 Yukon SLT last week. I planned on buying a ’19 or ‘20 used but found for the same or slightly less I get a brand new ‘21. So far I’m super happy!

Elise201424

Reaction score
I think it depends on what’s important to you. For example if your looking specifically for feature that are a non negotiable for you it’s going be be tough to get something like an ultimate package now. There are only “22 scheduled for production right now nationwide” the rest are premium package and or build a car style. So if you don’t care so much about all the features you can still find a good deal if your also willing to be flexible on color.

If you was more features you might have better luck used but there is no cost savings and potential problems.

So if time isn’t a big issue to you I would preorder but be prepared to wait like 6-12 months.

OP
OP
G

GrandTheftAudio

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks so much for the feedback everyone, this is great stuff and helping drive my decision on the 2022's, which I am definitely leaning towards. I am aware of the chip shortages and such, but does anyone have experience or knowledge around the 4-way lumbar and steering column lock not on some models? Seems like an easy trade off in these times - provided there's a credit baked into the final sales price. Any thoughts? Steering column lock is the one I personally know less about. Seems like it's an anti-theft thing, but not quite sure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Realdeal80