Power Lift gate not opening.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

08YUKIE

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey all, Knew here. Just got my 08 Yukon from my sister and the power liftgate stopped opening on her a while back. You can open it from outside handle, but you have to push the handle button once and then again to release it all the way. When pushing the button from inside you hear the motors running and turning but it won't open and lift and also the power close doesn't work.
Any ideas what the issue is?

Thanks
Scott

NGAneer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Might be a connection issue. Try the fuses and check all the connections for the controls and motors.

wlbarnwell

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My 2010 Yukon Denali has same issue. I replaced lift shocks, bought new motor (installs inside driver side rear area). It didn't fix it. I will return it if... Bought used electric module that snaps to electric motor lift arm with 3 different plugs. The original still will unlock door to be raised manually. The new module will not. I bought 90 day warranty with it. I am giving this vehicle to my son and it just quit in last 15 days. So I'm trying to get it fixed before giving it to him. I know I've isolated the problem to the module. There is a fuse up on bottom of driver side dash. On my 2010 it is fuse 20. Look in owner's manual. The panel to get to motor is not too hard to take out. The motor is easy to take off. I haven't put it back together b/c waiting for module.

OP
OP
08YUKIE

08YUKIE

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, I will definitley look into this now. I will check the fuse and module. Keep us updated when you get the new module in please.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helmetgurus