power loss

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

whiskeyguy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I have a 2001 tahoe LT with 256000 miles. suddenly loosing power and hesitates when I excellarate. Suggestions? Body still looks great so I really don't want to dump it.

Mac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check cat if clog...fuel pump..?

pk64f100

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Loss power and low humming noise

My 2001 5.3 is lossing power and it also is loss of mpg, low hum a little like an exhaust leak and it also pops a little when I let off gas sometimes, anything? Thanks

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
If you don't have a fuel pressure tester, you can get cheaply for your rig, it attaches at a threaded valve on the fuel injection rail. Hook it up and see what you got. You also don't want a bleed off when shut off engine. If can get a long enough hose you can tape to the windshield and watch while driving. If you do a pump, do the filter at same time. Can buy MAF cleaner and follow instructions to clean the MAF. Get carb cleaner and clean the throttle body bore. But you could still check all that and have clogged cats. Exhaust shops can check back pressure in the exhaust system for you. You also can put on a glove and have someone rev the engine while you are at the tailpipe and see if it has a nice strong flow of pressure coming out against your hand.

Physh1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If there is no engine code than you've got to look at intake gasket leaks, broken exhaust manifold bolts, low fuel pressure, etc.

Last tune up? Air filter? Clean your maf lately?

Cameron

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helmetgurus

Latest posts