Power problem?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

calderb123

Reaction score
So Up until a week ago i was running 2 jl 10w0 with a 600 watt kenwood amp.

Then one of them blew and i got a good deal on 2 10" mtx jackhammers and once i installed them and broke them in I turned the gain on my amp to almost all the way up. As soon as i did this when music was playing my volt meter would flutter from around 14.8 to 13.5. So i got a second battery today and thought the problem would be fixed. The volt meter is now reading steady around 14.5 but every once and while the subs still cut out. I got to thinking maybe it was my amp overheating? or even worse maybe a bad alternator. Any help or input from you guys would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Huck

Whut Thee Huck?!
Reaction score
I'm thinking you need more powerful subs. if your amp is 600w rms, and the jackhammers are like 100, you're over powering them. Get some w1s. Also, adjust your gain. That's the first thing.

OP
OP
C

calderb123

Reaction score
theyre around 200 watts rms each. and the amp is 600 watts peak power. my 10w0 were 125 watts rms and never cut out. so thats why im curious

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MRBJU52