Power Steering Drive With Care

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GM_Josho

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I few weeks ago my lovely lady drove through a "small water puddle". Very shortly after, she lost power steering and a notification came on the dash saying, "Power steering drive with care". Occasionally the power steering would work for a few minutes but would ultimately stop working. No CEL. I've cleaned a few of the chassis grounds, checked the EPS harness for continuity and replaced and reprogrammed the Power steering control module. Unfortunately I still do not have power steering. Im at a loss as to what to do next. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I few weeks ago my lovely lady drove through a "small water puddle". Very shortly after, she lost power steering and a notification came on the dash saying, "Power steering drive with care". Occasionally the power steering would work for a few minutes but would ultimately stop working. No CEL. I've cleaned a few of the chassis grounds, checked the EPS harness for continuity and replaced and reprogrammed the Power steering control module. Unfortunately I still do not have power steering. Im at a loss as to what to do next. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
I think the power steering has it's own ground, might want to take another look. and ohm test with a meter as well, sometimes the wires on these trucks can corrode on the inside and look fine on the outside.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

You are already receiving sage advice from the knowledgeable folks on this Forum.

OP
OP
G

GM_Josho

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I think the power steering has it's own ground, might want to take another look. and ohm test with a meter as well, sometimes the wires on these trucks can corrode on the inside and look fine on the outside.
The MDI is communicating with the module. That tells me that it should be working properly. It seems like programming is the issue. I have GDS2 and have programmed the steering angel sensor. But still no luck.

OP
OP
G

GM_Josho

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
For anybody with the same issue in the future. I replaced the entire rack and pinion, programmed the new EPS module and its good as new!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sorrentino

Latest posts