Power Steering Flush & Seafoam Trans Tune

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GoodmanOX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone use this stuff to flush their power steering? I've got a 99 Tahoe with 124k miles on it and need to flush the power steering. How do I do this? I'd like to replace it with the royal purple stuff.

cam3439

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I never used that stuff, but I replaced my fluid with a pump. You can get a pump and attach a hose to it, which you then put into the reservoir and suck out the fluid. I used a pump designed for this kind of maintenance. I did the complete fluid change in my reservoir like 2-3 times and it completely changed out the fluid. I did this recently, and it seems like all of the fluid was changed out. After you replace the fluid each time, you'll have to drive it around for a bit (try to make a decent amount of tight turns) to get all the fluid pumped through the system so that you don't just change out what you just put in.

sparg93

Expedition Tahoe
Reaction score
i use a turkey baster...it's a little slower then a manual pump, but does the job in a pinch.

It also add a nice flavor to Thanksgiving dinner :)