Powerstop Stainless Brake Line Recall

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

13UpInSmoke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone else get a notice of a recall for the Powerstop stainless brake lines. Apparently didnt meet fed standards? Ive got them on my Yukon?! Guess time to change them

Attachments

• Gmail - IMPORTANT SAFETY RECALL – PowerStop Brake Hose Recall.pdf
    162.4 KB · Views: 6

BeenChevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad they're doing something about it. The damn fittings on mine ALL look corroded already... so much for the LONG lasting stainless...

Potential Number of Units Affected: 26,556 Problem Description: Power Stop LLC (PowerStop) is recalling certain Braided Steel Brake Hoses. The brake hoses may leak and also may be labeled incorrectly. As such, these brake hoses fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard number 106, "Brake Hoses." Consequence: A brake fluid leak can reduce braking performance and extend the distance required to stop, increasing the risk of a crash.

skpyle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, same here. I have already installed new GM Genuine brake hoses on the front of my Escalade. I am in the process of running the paperwork through PowerStop to get reimbursed.
At least they said something and are doing something about it.

BeenChevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's BS them MF's wanting an invoice for some shop invoice. What about the true experts doing $#!+ themselves the right way? F them SOB's

BeenChevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's BS them MF's wanting an invoice for some shop invoice. What about the true experts doing $#!+ themselves the right way? F them SOB's
Correction - they just sent me an e-mail stating "or provide visual images of PowerStop brake hoses off the vehicle." Anybody confident in another high-end make of aftermarket hoses?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dcqkslvr

Latest posts