Press Dome Override 4x to get headlights to turn off.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SMJT

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
pRpb2AVHlBghoDuIef2xu6gQ=s88-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj.jpg
I have a 2001 Tahoe. The main headlights come on whenever I start the car any time of day, or when I release the parking brake. The daytime running lights never come on. I have to press the dome override four times and then the headlights go out. I tried replacing all the fuses, relays, and even the daytime running light bulbs and sockets, but the problem persists. I tried taking out the radio and replacing the ambient light sensor, but that is a major pain and I just can't replace it. (Thanks GM for that - couldn't you just have had the sensor push down and turn from on top of the dash to come out.) Anyone had this exact issue with their Tahoe and can tell me for certain how to fix it?

SilverSport

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I realized after reading this and elsewhere your Tahoe is having a different issue than I thought...

Good luck with your Tahoe

Bill

Last edited:

strutaeng

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's probably that photovoltaic (I think that's what it's called?) sensor on the dash that went out.

Many years ago my 99 Silverado was doing the same thing and that's what I replaced and the issue was resolved. I don't remember it being it too difficult to replace but it is a tight squeeze to get your hands in there...perhaps some extended reach needle-nose pliers will help.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Budzy24