Problem with 2 phones connected to 2022 tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Silverado4x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anybody ran into this issue? I have 2 Samsung S24+ phones connected to Bluetooth in the 2022 Tahoe when someone calls my wife's phone it works through Bluetooth but when someone calls my phone it won't come through Bluetooth it says my phone is not connected so I turned off the setting "first to connect" and it still won't connect when my phone rings, this setting will not let you turn on first to connect on both phones. On my 2019 Silverado her phone rings it comes through Bluetooth my phone rings it comes through Bluetooth, this one has me stumped.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Never seen a vehicle that allows two phones to be connected simultaneously; we have Hondas and GM’s in our family. Neither brand has ever allowed two BT connections at the same time.

Vehicles we have owned with Bluetooth capabilities:
2012 Chevy Malibu
2013 Chevy Suburban
2015 Honda CRV
2020 Honda CRV Hybrid
2022 GMC Yukon

On the 20 and 22, whichever phone is listed as first to connect is the one that connects when both are present. If only one is present, that one will connect.

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

Silverado4x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Never seen a vehicle that allows two phones to be connected simultaneously; we have Hondas and GM’s in our family. Neither brand has ever allowed two BT connections at the same time.

Vehicles we have owned with Bluetooth capabilities:
2012 Chevy Malibu
2013 Chevy Suburban
2015 Honda CRV
2020 Honda CRV Hybrid
2022 GMC Yukon

On the 20 and 22, whichever phone is listed as first to connect is the one that connects when both are present. If only one is present, that one will connect.
Right, both phone are paired hers is fist to connect when a call comes in for her it works but when someone calls me it doesn't come through the Bluetooth just my phone rings at the phone. My 2019 silverado it works fine both phones are paired, someone calls me it comes through Bluetooth someone calls her it comes through Bluetooth.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Trying to be clear what you are saying. Is this what you observe:
- You are both in the vehicle (both phones present)
- Hers is connected to BT (because it’s 1st to connect)
- A call comes in to her, it rings on the infotainment
- subsequently, while her phone is still connected to BT, a call comes to your phone, and it only rings on your phone, not the infotainment system

If the above is what you are experiencing, that is how it is designed, you cannot have 2 phones connected to BT at the same time…

I’d expect that if you place a call using the integrated infotainment system while her’s is connected, the call would originate from her phone. Also would expect her contact list add call history available in the infotainment system under phone and in the instrument cluster while she is paired.

You can easily switch to the other phone by tapping the phone card in the infotainment screen, disconnecting hers and selecting yours for connection.

I know of no way to have more than one phone actively connected to the vehicle at any specific time.

Last edited:

tagexpcom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Our 2021 Yukon Denali Apple Car Connect prefers the 1st one that connects. Can't be both at the same time.

OP
OP
S

Silverado4x4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Our 2021 Yukon Denali Apple Car Connect prefers the 1st one that connects. Can't be both at the same time.
Yes that's what's screwed up same on Android. In my Silverado if we're driving down the road and a call comes through for my phone it comes through Bluetooth and if she gets a call on her phone later it comes through Bluetooth but on the Tahoe it's one or the other.
She drives the Tahoe 99% of the time and when we are both in the Tahoe and iam driving then.my Phone rings I have to pick up the phone and hold it up to my ear.

Last edited:

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes that's what's screwed up same on Android. In my Silverado if we're driving down the road and a call comes through for my phone it comes through Bluetooth and if she gets a call on her phone later it comes through Bluetooth but on the Tahoe it's one or the other.
She drives the Tahoe 99% of the time and when we are both in the Tahoe and iam driving then.my Phone rings I have to pick up the phone and hold it up to my ear.
Solve this by making your phone first to connect. Then if you are both in the Tahoe (assume you drive when both of you are together), yours will be on the infotainment/bluetooth. When she is alone, hers will connect. Also, you can always hit the phones card, disconnect one, and connect the other.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ericbower11

Latest posts