Projectors in!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LTLux

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well after 2 months of work they are finally in! If I had to do it all over again, not sure I would do it. I love them but dont think its worth the time and money!

As most have said, the hard part is getting them leveled and aimed properly.

I do have one question, my driver side light flickers for about 3 sec at startup and then is fine. I've looked on-line and it looks like the way to correct it is with a 105C capacitor, it that right?

I've seen all the info about bad bulb or bad ballast but I know that's not the case. I also used an HID wiring harness from the retrofitsource.com, so I know all my stuff is top notch.

Attachments

• tn[1] (2).jpg
    tn[1] (2).jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 140
  • tn[2] (2).jpg
    tn[2] (2).jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 140
  • tn[1] (3).jpg
    tn[1] (3).jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 125

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wo0t ... looks great!!!

You might want to lower the driver's side down a bit tho.

The only time I've had a flicker at startup was due to a bad bulb, so if that's not the case I'm not sure what's causing it.

But just give Matt or any other guy over at TRS a call ... their CS is fantastic and will walk you through whatever potential issue you have.

OP
OP
LTLux

LTLux

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks! I guess it could be a bad bulb but I don't see how since they are new and it only does it for about 2 or 3 sec right when I'm turning the key and then its fine, no more flickering.

I'm not on a flat service as my driveway has a bit of an upslope, so it may look a little high. Im not centered in the middle of the driveway either. I will get a better shot latter when I'm on level ground.

I sent Matt and email, so we will see what he says. I will let you know.

Last edited:

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks! I guess it could be a bad bulb but I don't see how since they are new and it only does it for about 2 or 3 sec right when I'm turning the key and then its fine, no more flickering.

When I said a bad bulb I should have been more precise ... I don't mean the capsule of the bulb is bad, I mean the capsule has slightly dislodged from the base. It can happen pretty easily if one isn't ultra careful during a retro, or sometimes they are defective, and it's really hard to spot unless you actually grab both ends (alcohol pads) and make sure they're properly connected. It doesn't affect output once the connection is made but it struggle to make that connection when fired up, hence the flicker.

Of course it could be something else but that's usually the culprit, especially since you seem to have done everything else the right way.

[I'm not on a flat service as my driveway has a bit of an upslope, so it may look a little high. Im not centered in the middle of the driveway either. I will get a better shot latter when I'm on level ground.

I'm actually not looking so much at the angle as much as one projector's cutoff line relative to the other.

I'm just nitpicking, it looks fantastic. :Handshake:

OP
OP
LTLux

LTLux

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Makes sense!

Your knowledge is always appreciated!

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member