Puddle Lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dancastro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've seen some threads about the puddle lights but...
I have a '22 SLT w/ puddle lights, checked them out and they are wired up.
Haven't seen them work, day or night, locking or unlocking.
Help? TIA

genestoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also have a 22 SLT - Must be dark outside and door opened. I also changed mine to the GMC logo puddle lights

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've seen some threads about the puddle lights but...
I have a '22 SLT w/ puddle lights, checked them out and they are wired up.
Haven't seen them work, day or night, locking or unlocking.
Help? TIA
check your settings in the dic, approach lighting must be enabled, it must be dark, you can cover the sun sensor on the dash in daylight to test functionality.
when you unlock in dark with the keyfob it should come on and/or if you open the door it should come on.

OP
OP
dancastro

dancastro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
check your settings in the dic, approach lighting must be enabled, it must be dark, you can cover the sun sensor on the dash in daylight to test functionality.
when you unlock in dark with the keyfob it should come on and/or if you open the door it should come on.
Does it matter if the mirrors are folded or not?

danler10101

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the puddle lights illuminate when you approach the vehicle? Also I have a 2023 Yukon Denali and in the DIC I do not have a approach lighting setting, just external lighting. I just replaced my puddle lights with the GMC logo as well. Thank you for any advice

Eraschaub

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I’ve been trying to find a good set of logo projector lights for my Tahoe as well, and I ran into the same issue with the thickness of most units. These thinner ones you found seem like the perfect solution. The design with the lens sitting below the unit to keep it slim is clever, and I like that they’ve considered the limited space under the mirror. I’m definitely going to order a set, probably with the Tahoe logo.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve been trying to find a good set of logo projector lights for my Tahoe as well, and I ran into the same issue with the thickness of most units. These thinner ones you found seem like the perfect solution. The design with the lens sitting below the unit to keep it slim is clever, and I like that they’ve considered the limited space under the mirror. I’m definitely going to order a set, probably with the Tahoe logo.
The factory logo projectors (link) are only like $125 and replace the factory flood lights, why not use those, or are you hell bent on it saying "Tahoe" vs projecting a bow tie?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T2003