Pulled TCM fuse on a 2011 Chevy Tahoe.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Grey Beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recently pulled the TCM fuse on the engine bay fuse box. The blue (15) fuse on my 2011 Tahoe. I think I have a software issue and not a hardware issue with my transmissionIMG_3929.jpeg. Thinking I may have a bad transmission. My logic was Pulling the fuse Deleting the volatile data and would clear and the computer and would go to factory reset. That the 15 fuse controls the data to the TCM unit. Hence information to the transmission. How I did this was I turned the key to power position not fully turning on the Tahoe. An error stated check stabilitrak. I powered down inserted the fuse and turned the Tahoe on. What I noticed is the oil pressure normalized and the power and acceleration was much better while driving. Prior to pulling the fuse the oil pressure was at 20 idle and 37 hwy. Never going over 40. Unless turning in a cold engin. Now it’s over 23 at idle. It goes over 40 when accelerating. It’s not totally a new Tahoe it has 165 miles but it’s an improvement.

My question is did I pull the right fuse. If so how long will this chang last? The jerking or tugging is gone and the Tahoe runs much better. Never pulling code at any part of my one year ownership.

I have stated this issue of tugging or jerking before in past posts and thought I would add to this issue of thinking it’s either a bad transmission or vehicle is out of gear hence a shifting issue. Which are still viable possibilities.

Would resepect and comments.

Thank you.

Ken

Attachments

• IMG_3928.jpeg
    IMG_3928.jpeg
    298.1 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_3927.jpeg
    IMG_3927.jpeg
    301.2 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_3926.jpeg
    IMG_3926.jpeg
    302.4 KB · Views: 1

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you know I recently stumbled into a old archived thread on another board about a gm car tranny that was jerking and acting funny. guy had been told by a shop it needed replaced, someone said pull tcm fuse, turn the ignition on for a bit, turn it off and replace the fuse. start the car and let it run for a bit and then go for a ride.

guy tried it and said it ran like a whole new tranny. everyone wondered if it would last or not but the thread died and was never updated.

I found it looking around since I let my tranny and a few other modules update a month or so again and the tranny drives totally different, shift points and all. it very well could just be the new tuning but I honestly liked it better before. it was seamless, now I can actually feel the gear changes well not really feel but see the tach move, which normally would be a good thing but on a almost completely variable ratio tranny it made me wonder enough to search around to see if it needed some kind of reset or relearn after software updates.

interesting

mikez71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Neat, sounds like a way to reset the adaptives without a scantool?

If you have slop in the drivetrain (bad motor mounts) I suspect can cause bad 'learning'.

CaptainAmerica1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just switched from ModTcM to Sport TcM for n my BBP tune and noticed how much smoother my trans shifted… it’s supposed to be the same tune until I hit the tow/haul switch, best I could figure was it reset the adaptive learning?!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepperjack