pulling with my 04 tahoe z71

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stuey

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
hey guys! well i am new here, and i have a question about pulling with my 04 tahoe z71. I am looking at a 30ft travel trailer weighting in aroud 6500lbs, including the tongue weight of 800lbs. I am getting the equalizer hitch and anti sway bars. I know the tahoe is rated for it, but once i add water and cargo i will add 1000 lbs to the 6500. I don't plan on taking it on a long trips, maybe a couple hundred miles one way. Is this going to be way to much weight to pull for such a short wheel base?

Knotacare

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2003 Z-71 & tow a 5K trailer all the time. I installed air bags with a 12 V compressor so I can adjust the rear height. The stock springs can't handle the tongue Wt.
I think you should be fine.
Alan

Wikid454

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just pulled my Jeep this weekend. It's pretty heavy with a 454, 1 ton axles, and 44 inch tires...

I just bought this 04 Tahoe LT 4wd last week so it's the first trailer to tow. It did great and I never tried to get over 70mph. I would have done it.

I was just wondering if anyone has ever had the rear hitch bend or tear off? It looks to only be like 15 inches down the frame. My last 01 F150 had a larger hitch and it ended up bending the rear frame down. (not pulling the Jeep, It was a 25ft wide plow)

But the weight of the tongue sure looks like it would bend it...

Any ideas?

AquinoSteven

Key and Spacer Guru
Reaction score
We pull a 30' boat that is right around the same weight. I didnt do that bad but youll do better because your keys arent cranked. Some rake helps level things out allowing for more travel up front.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
humbertoltx