Put 265 40 22 on a stock Yukon. Ridiculous?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeffreycip

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi guys. Finally found a great price on some 22's for my 07 Yukon. They're coming off of an 08 Tahoe, which seems perfect. Then I find out they have 265 40 22 tires on there! I believe those are generally fitted for a pickup. I was expecting a 305 40 22. They lowered it one inch, which may explain why they did that, but mine's not lowered. I haven't gone to see them in person yet. Should I even bother or will the wheel gap be crazy? Has anyone seen this size on a stock Yukon or Tahoe? I haven't been able to find any. I only ask because it's a smokin' deal.
Thanks in advance....

madodger88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure if anyone is running that size wheel and tire combo. You are looking at about 1.5 inch narrower tire than say a 305, so it would seemingly be stretched a bit and look pretty small on in that size even on a ten inch wide wheel.

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

jeffreycip

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Not sure if anyone is running that size wheel and tire combo. You are looking at about 1.5 inch narrower tire than say a 305, so it will be noticeable from behind/in front but not wheel gap wise.

Oh ok, I didn't realize that would be the issue. Thanks

madodger88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I'm not an expert but I run 295/45/22's and I wish they filled up the gap more (to the point where I want to lower it a tad). So these would seem to be even smaller.

OP
OP
J

jeffreycip

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well, I'm not an expert but I run 295/45/22's and I wish they filled up the gap more (to the point where I want to lower it a tad). So these would seem to be even smaller.

Yeah, looks like yours would be 2" taller and just over 1" wider.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968