Question about Chrome Lower Mirror Caps...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JimZ

Reaction score
Ok guys here is the situation...I have had my '11 Denali for about a month and from day 1 I have wanted to put on a set of the lower chrome mirror covers that so many of you have. I found a site on ebay that seemed to a reputable place so I ordered a set. When I got them I was a little surprised to see that both covers had "dents" in the finish :flamingdevil: I immediately contacted the place and they were super nice...Asked me to send them some pics of the pieces and within just a few minutes they contacted me and said they would be sending a new set out to me, and to keep the first set as a spare. Like I would put them on later? So it took about a week and a half and the new set arrives today. Guess what??? They have TWICE as many "dents" or "ripples" in the finish as the first set!!! I'm trying to calm down before I call them with a WTF conversation.

Anyway, have any of you guys experienced this with the sets you have bought? Have you been happy with what you received as far as quality and smoothness of the chromed plastic finish? Can you recommend a vendor? Feel free to PM me with suggestions if you do not want to name a specific vendor. Thanks in advance! This has just been a real disappointing experience.

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went with Putco covers because of a concern about quality. They weren't the cheapest, but I was more comfortable with the name. My covers got destroyed through a couple mirror accidents, so they're not on the truck at the moment, but I'd go with Putco again in the future.

I have a plastic chrome over-the-license-plate piece sitting in my garage that is a little too modeled for my taste (not from Putco) -- but, then again, it's a much larger (and flatter) piece than the mirror covers.

I don't think you should put up with a crappy finish on those pieces. Maybe you can tell the company that you'd like a refund, and then go with a different manufacturer.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A while back I bought some for a total of 32.50 shipped on eBay from a seller with high positive feedback. I honestly put them on and shortly after took them off. It bothered me that you could see how it was just stuck on there. Also there is no chrome piece that covers the part of the mirror that folds in. It makes the chrome covers look like they kind of abruptly stop.