2011 tahoe ds lower hinge

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
C

CL2011

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well it's Monday and I can jump up and down and click my old bones together. My mechanic son came up to visit us from his Air Force Base and he knocked out that door hinge in 30 minutes. This again is a 2011 Tahoe driver side lower door mount. I bought it from RockAuto for $125. I was a little skeptical about getting it off Amazon for 24 bucks. Anyway a second pair of hands helped and I held the door so he could take the lower Mount off. But be warned, the new Mount shifts in the closed position and you need it in the open position. It was a devil to try and force the hinge open on the bench using a vise that spring must have some serious tension. What we did was we mounted it on one side of the door frame then took a pry bar and put it in the door Mount and pushed towards the inside door panel and it finally with lots of pushing snapped into the open position. That allowed us to put the door side bolts in. It works good as new now I am going to spray paint it. This is not a one-person job. One person needs to manipulate the driver's door or whatever door you're working on, so the other person can put the bolt in by hand and find the threaded hole.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Malachismith