Question about rear lift on an '07 Suburban (Airlift 1000's)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jackson

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Going to put a 2.5" front 1.5" rear leveling kit on the Suburban. We pull a camper a few times a year and I'm thinking I want to install the Airlift 1000's on the rear to help with that. My question is, should I do a 1.5" rear to level it and just leave the airbags aired down to 0 psi unless I'm towing, then air them up while towing. It seems this would keep from using the airbags all of the time. Am I overthinking this? Just want to do it right the first time. The camper weighs around 5000# and I know it will sag the rear down pretty good. I know some have used the airlifts exclusively in the rear for lift, but not sure if I want to have to worry about keeping air pressure checked all of the time.

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You have to keep a minimum of 5 psi in the bags. I have a 1" rear spacer with bags.

OP
OP
Jackson

Jackson

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You have to keep a minimum of 5 psi in the bags. I have a 1" rear spacer with bags.

Awesome! Thanks for the help.
Zed, You helped me over on the other forum. I wasn't getting anymore responses there, so I decided to post here. I love your ride by the way:head3: I think I'm going to do the 1" rear with bags and 2.5" front. Thanks again for the help!

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Glad I could help. Yeah not too many NNBS folks on the other forum, but they are a little more mechanically inclinded.

Post pics when done!

OP
OP
Jackson

Jackson

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Waiting to hear back on a kit in the classifieds. It will probably be a couple weeks before I get time to do it. I'll post some pics though.

OP
OP
Jackson

Jackson

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Zed, any tips on the bag install. I hear the directions are kind of vague and not vehicle specific. Hoses come out the top or bottom? Where did you locate the valves on your setup?

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Been a long time... I will check, but I recall the hoses come out the top. I put the valves on existing fittings on the rear bumper. I will take some pics.

Also I cannot remember if I took the bump stops in the inner portion of the spring out or just trimmed them. Getting old...

OP
OP
Jackson

Jackson

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Been a long time... I will check, but I recall the hoses come out the top. I put the valves on existing fittings on the rear bumper. I will take some pics.

Also I cannot remember if I took the bump stops in the inner portion of the spring out or just trimmed them. Getting old...

I installed them on Friday evening and everything went great. The bags were a pain to get in, but not too bad. I ended up leaving the factory rubber and used the T and used only one valve. Filled up with nitrogen to keep pressure from fluctuating. Still holding 10psi. Haven't hooked a trailer or camper to it yet, but I can tell with 30 psi in the bags that it will do well. Thanks Zed71 for the recommendation:waytogo: Now I just need to get the leveling kit ordered and installed.

OP
OP
Jackson

Jackson

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Installed the CCM 2.5" leveling kit on the front. Had the windows tinted, removed the pinstriping, and removed the cheesy chrome fender pieces. I'm really liking the stance. I still need to install the rear 1" spacers that came with the kit, but ran out of time yesterday. Here are a couple of pics of the finished product. It's amazing what a couple of inches does to the looks of a vehicle.
20140310_085042.jpg
20140310_085032.jpg