Quick lift w/ stock 20's??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

turboeclips

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks bro! I like the look of the stock 20's also. I am thinking of making the cross over...lol. From dropped to lifted. Thinking about leveling it out with some 33's MGs, until I save up for a real lift. I am sure the rubbing can't be any worse then being dropped on 24's... but I shall see.

Hurlz07Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here are some updated pictures. Just did some washing and waxing yesterday!

Attachments

• DSC00720.jpg
    DSC00720.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 180
  • DSC00721.jpg
    DSC00721.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 181
  • DSC00722.jpg
    DSC00722.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 153

olemiss

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hurlz - great looking Tahoe!

Exactly the look I would be after if I had a 4wd.

Reaction score
Hurlz- I want to put those same tires on my Z71 and i have been told by alot of pppl that they wont fit. As of now i have 275/60R20 and dont rubb and with a leveling kit. What did you add to your car in order to run those tires? Im running the same rim.

Hurlz07Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hurlz- I want to put those same tires on my Z71 and i have been told by alot of pppl that they wont fit. As of now i have 275/60R20 and dont rubb and with a leveling kit. What did you add to your car in order to run those tires? Im running the same rim.

I put a Rancho Quick Lift 2.5 inch leveling kit on. I had to do some slight trimming up front. Only a little bit of metal and some plastic. And in the rear I only had to trim the plastic wheel well liners. I get some rubbing up front at full crank and also when there is a good amount of suspension travel. In the rear, if I'm fully loaded I get some rubbing in the plastic wheel liners, but not bad. I'm about to put in AirLift bags to help when towing so it won't rub when it's really fully loaded.

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dave, just FYI, with the Z71 you will need to trim more because of the added moldings from the step bars (trim behind the front wheels or just take them off) and the "winglets" on the front bumper (or just take them off). It seems like the Z71 has less tire clearance!

ClovisQ

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hurlz:
Sweet ride. Trying to duplicate your setup on my '08. Going to go with aftermarket rims, so I have some choices for backspacing and want to figure out the best way to go - either match the stock +31mm on an 8.5" rim, or push the wheel out about an inch to a +10mm offset.
When your front tires rub, I'm assuming it's the outboard corners that do it (i.e. front-left of left tire rubs when turning right)? If so, the +10 setup should make things a bit worse. But, pushing the rear wheels out should mean no rub back there whatsoever (unless you're bottoming???)...
Appreciate the thoughts...
And thanks for helping out a new guy. Will get some pics up once I figure all this out and have something other than stock to post up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mattmoore939