Quiet Exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChemoCrusader

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Looking at getting a better performing exhaust soon but dont want something super loud. My goal is to increase exhaust flow and performance while staying on the quieter side.
What are yalls thoughts on the Vibrant Ultra quiet resinator. Id like to pair it with the AP Exhaust Xlerator muffler or something similar.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

My exhaust is quite loud, so I'm sure that it would not be the system for you. Corsa exhaust systems are popular with folks here, as well as MagnaFlow systems. The best advice that I can give you is to go to YouTube and look for videos of various aftermarket exhaust systems on trucks similar to yours. This should help you narrow down your acceptable options.

BacDoc

Reaction score
I would love to upgrade my exhaust system but the wife loves how quiet my 6.2l Tahoe is at highway speeds. She also thinks it’s too loud on startup!

Some good YouTube channels for sound comparison are Exhaust Addicts and Tuning.
Nothing is better than in person but these 2 channels have comparison and part number for what they show.
Exhaust Addicts is great as they have a decibel reading while revving up and a clip of the truck full on throttle. They also have clips of what it sounds like inside.

Decibel reading will vary depending on the environment and even weather but just for comparison what I have seen is stock exhaust on the GM V8 is around 75-80 db revving. A performance after market system mildly loud is 90-100. Most popular aggressive systems like Corsa are over 100 but Corsa and most aftermarket companies make several variations and the YouTube channels are pretty good for comparison.

Good luck with your project!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnk71