Radio Software Issues???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pshrop

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Anyone having an issue with the radio "favorite" buttons on the back left side of the steering wheel? I feel like the stations jump around quite a bit when I use them. For example, if I'm listening to my 5th station and start pushing the button to move to 6, 7, 8, etc., it might start back at my 2nd station and I have to push the button 4(ish) times just to advance forward 1 station. There are also lags in advancing the station sometimes that last much longer than they should.

I asked the dealership about these issues and they said it should be fixed with a firmware update that my radio needed. However, the update didn't solve the radio station problems. Although I will say I'm a big fan of the update b/c it allows a little better functionality with receiving phone calls, but more impressively, it provides the option of the car reading text messages to me when they come in while I'm driving. This previously only worked when plugged in to CarPlay, but now it works outside of CarPlay when merely connected via Bluetooth.

Also hate that if I get a call while listening to the radio and I answer it thru the car via Bluetooth, the car doesn't return to the radio station. It switches to music on my phone. Is this a Chevy or Apple issue? I read somewhere that it was a change Apple implemented in one of their iOS updates, but no idea if that's true.

I've also had the radio freeze/crash once or twice, but it's by no means frequent.

Anyone experiencing any of these issues???

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peter52g

Latest posts