Radio suppression package?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

raket007

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2015 Tahoe Special Services package. I always thought the radio sucks on picking up radio stations while I'm driving around town. Now I read that these Tahoes come with a "radio suppression package." Is that what I think it is? Suppressing radio channels from working well on the Tahoe's radio?
How do I get rid of it?
Thanks!

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
2015 Tahoe Special Services package. I always thought the radio sucks on picking up radio stations while I'm driving around town. Now I read that these Tahoes come with a "radio suppression package." Is that what I think it is? Suppressing radio channels from working well on the Tahoe's radio?
How do I get rid of it?
Thanks!
Radio suppression is to reduce electrical noise/interference into the police or other 2 way radios that might be installed.

You probably have no shark fin, so the broadcast radio antenna is in the rear quarter window. The position of the glass and truck body relative to the station antenna is a big thing. I notice it all the time in my PPV.

Beyond that your truck might have an issue with the antenna coax itself. Either at the connection to the window antenna or at the head unit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
doctoriz