raising bumper after bl?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

drel21

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm thinking the same thing. I don't see why they would change the way the bumpers mounted to the frame, but why does GM do a lot of things they do?

OP
OP
the big blue bus

the big blue bus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
haha. im going to get that bracket i think. i just would have to cut the frame off after the body mount but then it will all bolt up.

EastTXYukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those brackets are the same ones that I posted up earlier in this thread. They are made by zone offroad, and they have instructions on install at zoneoffroad.com

OP
OP
the big blue bus

the big blue bus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
got the zone brackets installed a few weeks ago and rear tow hooks. took hitch off for now looks real good from the back now

raptorforme93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes I agree pictures!!! I reallyyyyy want to get my bumper brackets ordered up. When you raised your bumpers did you have to do any cutting of the frame? All the talk about cutting frames earlier kind of confused me...

felskee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i gotta 99 2 door. and im pretty confused too... can someone do a writeup including everything you need and gotta do?

OP
OP
the big blue bus

the big blue bus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes you do need to cut the end of the frame off and modify the outer brackets.... i will get those pictures up

these are the only pictures i took. was in a rush to finish so didnt realy do a step by step process. need to get another ith the hitch off and hook and i painted sway bar cuz i got bored but it works better as a mud/ grass catcher off road

Attachments

• bumper raised.jpg
    bumper raised.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 32
  • bumper raised 2.jpg
    bumper raised 2.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i did come across a thread last night where someone claimed you could use the 4 door bumper bracket on the 2-door BUT you had to mount the bracket one hole higher than originally intended. (didn't save the link)

may be something to look into, but thats the only thing i really came across, didn't include any pictures.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pjoe1320