Rattle coming from seat belt area in driver side?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
T

tahoe81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sometimes the lock mechanism rattles around. The only thing above there is the same seatbelt point the OP mentioned. Go to your rig and open the door and shake it. If no noise pull in the seat belt anchor. Anything above that is in the headliner.
Sorry for multiple replies on two different topics but when you say "shake it" you're referring to the part pictured in the OP? FWIW, I feel like I can duplicate the sound by pressing on the chrome piece that's inside the part pictured. There's a chrome loop which the seatbelt goes through in that opening and it kind of flexes back and forth and side to side to allow the seatbelt range of motion. If I press it, I can make it click a bit which sounds like the same noise I hear when I'm driving. If when I'm driving, I press that chrome piece down and hold it, the clicking seems to stop

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They seem to want to do a little as possible and just hope it goes away on its own lol

You hit the nail on the head. My rig is older but it has a button at the base of the headrest supports that let you remove it entirely.

OP
OP
T

tahoe81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They seem to want to do a little as possible and just hope it goes away on its own lol

You hit the nail on the head. My rig is older but it has a button at the base of the headrest supports that let you remove it entirely.
I'll check it out this evening. Thx!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pedroG1988

Latest posts