Rattling noise Passenger side door

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rgnbull1227

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Rattling noise Passenger side door(IDENTIFIED-UPDATE)

Since day one noticed a rattling sound from the area between the passenger front and rear door. Sounds like its from exterior and down low like lower door or running board. At first I thought may be something loose inside the door but the sound only happens going 55mph+ so it seems maybe affected by wind. Anyone else come across this?

UPDATE:
Found the source of my rattle. Sat in back seat while wife drove and I focused on where sound was coming from. Sound was coming from under the vehicle directly in front left corner of right rear passenger seat. Went under Yukon and explored. All seem tight. Then I tapped on this raised piece of sheet metal that runs front to back directly above the exhaust pipe/muffler. I assume its a heat shield. Sure enough there is a bolt that taps against the underside of the cabin. As a test, too some Gorilla Tape and I was able to sneak a folded piece of tape to the back of this bolt and drove for a test. Voila! Rattle is now gone.
This has been driving me nuts since the first day we picked up Denali.
Hope this helps.

Last edited:

justinb181

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have the same thing, rattles since about the first week. I am trying to wait until my oil change but I think I may just bring it in. Passenger door is the worst seems to be in the Apillar or in the back door some where.

I also have one in the seatbelt area on the drivers side.

And also one in the middle part of the dash probably behind the screen.

Very annoying that I spend $70k on a vehicle and it has rattles. My 40k lexus prior to this had no rattles even 7 years later.

PavementPounder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
black applique on the outside b pillar (between driver and passenger door) is probably loose. I just had one today with the same problem. It will need a new applique.

GM Customer Service

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since day one noticed a rattling sound from the area between the passenger front and rear door. Sounds like its from exterior and down low like lower door or running board. At first I thought may be something loose inside the door but the sound only happens going 55mph+ so it seems maybe affected by wind. Anyone else come across this?

Hi rgnbull1227,

I'm sorry to see that you are experiencing a rattling noise in your vehicle. If you would like assistance, we'd be happy to look into this further for you. Just send us a private message with your VIN, mileage and contact information. Thanks!

Sincerely,

Alison B.
GM Customer Care

---------- Post added at 09:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:12 PM ----------

I have the same thing, rattles since about the first week. I am trying to wait until my oil change but I think I may just bring it in. Passenger door is the worst seems to be in the Apillar or in the back door some where.

I also have one in the seatbelt area on the drivers side.

And also one in the middle part of the dash probably behind the screen.

Very annoying that I spend $70k on a vehicle and it has rattles. My 40k lexus prior to this had no rattles even 7 years later.

Hi justinb181,

I'm sorry to see that you are experiencing the rattling noise as well. If you do take your vehicle in to the dealership, please feel free to send us a private message also if you would like an additional layer of assistance. Thanks, and I hope to hear from you soon!

Sincerely,

Alison B.
GM Customer Care

Last edited:

justinb181

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the update! I have an appt to drop off the yukon on Monday to have them investigate the rattles. I'll let them know about this. I also have one in the drivers side door by the door handle.

mtocrs1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a rattle from the passenger side door. Mine ended up being the outside door trim on the door pillar. Both doors on the passenger side. Wind would get underneath them and they would open up like an airfoil creating a kinds of noise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I've got the same thing on on my 2015 Denali the passenger side sounds like just behind the front door going to check all these and see if any of them are the culprit

Tlhoepf

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Rattling noise Passenger side door(IDENTIFIED-UPDATE)

UPDATE:
Found the source of my rattle. Sat in back seat while wife drove and I focused on where sound was coming from. Sound was coming from under the vehicle directly in front left corner of right rear passenger seat. Went under Yukon and explored. All seem tight. Then I tapped on this raised piece of sheet metal that runs front to back directly above the exhaust pipe/muffler. I assume its a heat shield. Sure enough there is a bolt that taps against the underside of the cabin. As a test, too some Gorilla Tape and I was able to sneak a folded piece of tape to the back of this bolt and drove for a test. Voila! Rattle is now gone.
This has been driving me nuts since the first day we picked up Denali.
Hope this helps.
I am having this exact same rattle. I don't even want to drive the Tahoe because of this. I will have my husband check underneath it tonight. I rode in the back seat last weekend to try and figure it out. It is like the noise is coming from that panel between the front and back passenger door. Like something in the bottom of that plastic panel. When you are going over anything uneven it rattles and when you tap the brakes it rattles. Smooth roads and consistent speed then it's fine.
I am ready to pull my hair out!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sonduck