RCX 6" on it's way

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
mudslinger96

mudslinger96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When i searched the kit on their website it said i needed it it was 100 bucks more when i went to the shop to order it they didn't say anything so i assumed i didn't need it

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did not re-read the first page until now. No I did not get that part. Says it is for the tahoes and yukons. I'll assume that excludes suburbans and pick ups.

Donnie Yukonie

Yates Caretaker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i would try to go with out it i dont see the major difference between the yuk and suburban as far as that goes besides being like what 6 inches longer

Fishintahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It has to do with the gas tank. The rear crossmember on the 4 door tahoes is not a solid one, like on the 2door tahoes, because the gas tank is in the way.. so that crossmember is connected to the chassis with brakets. Mine is a 2 door and is set up like a silverado with a solid crossmember and no rear sway bar, so i havent seen in person what the extra $100 is buying. It could be simply longer brackets or brackets to relocate this crossmember.

Donnie Yukonie

Yates Caretaker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It has to do with the gas tank. The rear crossmember on the 4 door tahoes is not a solid one, like on the 2door tahoes, because the gas tank is in the way.. so that crossmember is connected to the chassis with brakets. Mine is a 2 door and is set up like a silverado with a solid crossmember and no rear sway bar, so i havent seen in person what the extra $100 is buying. It could be simply longer brackets or brackets to relocate this crossmember.

:hmmm2: i didnt think about that

OP
OP
mudslinger96

mudslinger96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was looking under the Yukon the tb crossmember is actually held by a link rather than bolted on there. I assume this is why i need that other part because there is no way i can bolt the tb crossmember to the drop down brackets included in the kit.

OP
OP
mudslinger96

mudslinger96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got the tb crossmember out of a 96 silverado at my local u pull it for only $25 with torsion keys and torsion bars will start the installation tomorrow morning will also post pics as i go. picture.jpg

OP
OP
mudslinger96

mudslinger96

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry guys been really busy at work lately that couldn't post on here. Here it is before and After the lift.
picture.php
picture.php

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rnfernandez1968