Rear air stuck on floor mode

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

olliec420

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For about a year now the rear air in 09 Yukon SLT XFE has only been blowing out of the floor. It happened once when I disconnected the battery and then it started switching again after a couple days. Then another time it went to the floor and never came back. Im pretty sure the mode actuator is done. I think this is what I need, can anyone confirm?

Also having a tough time finding a video on how to but Im guessing the rear air, being how it is in that box in the rear is much easier to work on and I can figure it out pretty quick without a video but if anyone has any tips, Id appreciate it!

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For about a year now the rear air in 09 Yukon SLT XFE has only been blowing out of the floor. It happened once when I disconnected the battery and then it started switching again after a couple days. Then another time it went to the floor and never came back. Im pretty sure the mode actuator is done. I think this is what I need, can anyone confirm?

Also having a tough time finding a video on how to but Im guessing the rear air, being how it is in that box in the rear is much easier to work on and I can figure it out pretty quick without a video but if anyone has any tips, Id appreciate it!
not sure if the part number is the one you need but the job is pretty easy, you just pull out the 3rd row seats or at least the right one, rear trim around the hatch opening, rear passenger pillar cover (watch for screws and not just clips) then you can pull out the passenger side long panel to access the actuator which is right where the duct splits up & down (2) "5.5mm" bolts and the harness. the actuator closest to the blower motor is hold/cold only

OP
OP
olliec420

olliec420

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh ok, that's helpful.

That should be the part I need. Rockauto lists it for my truck and it specifically says rear. Also says it will work for rear hot/cold or mode.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh ok, that's helpful.

That should be the part I need. Rockauto lists it for my truck and it specifically says rear. Also says it will work for rear hot/cold or mode.
Ya, but your doing up/down: the actuator in that case does not control heat, might be the same part though.... gm is weird with these, they all fit in the various locations and may even have the same pins on the harness but behave differently. the go to method is to either match up the part number from the old one or confirm the part & location with the dealer.
when you get in there to do it see if the oem part number on the original one crosses over to the four season one

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lukekuhner369