Shop Started DOD delete

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Marky Dissod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Shop got started on DOD delete with a Truck Norris NSR stage 1 cam.
Engine is out. Gonna put a good torque converter in in hopes of saving the trans from trouble.
ecm tune should handle Engine Half@$$ delete.
tcm tune should account for 'good torque converter' and delay transmission problems,
provided you've been maintaining the ATF more often than GM suggested.

OP
OP
B

blondie70

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ECM tune ? I already had the ECM set to disable DOD....shop talking about a tune later to disable VVT ?? I think....is that what U talking about Marky ?

j91z28d1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Shop got started on DOD delete with a Truck Norris NSR stage 1 cam.
Engine is out. Gonna put a good torque converter in in hopes of saving the trans from trouble. New starter, water pump, oil pump , motor mounts etc......

hopefully all goes well. pulling the engine feels like the quickest way to do it.

Marky Dissod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
... shop talking about a tune later to disable VVT? I think ... is that what U talking about Marky?
Ask Truck Norris (or whomever) whether or not that cam works better with VVT enabled, limited, or disabled.
If I was redundant about tuning the Ecm, hopefully I was not about tuning the Tcm (transmission control module)?
Gonna put a good torque converter in in hopes of saving the trans from trouble.
A thorough tcm tune
reduces Torque Converter Clutch slip (regardless of what hardware you bought) which helps the TCC last much longer
customizes BOTH shift tables ('Normal' & Tow / Haul) to suit your tastes while protecting the engine and transmission
can enable protocols that may protect the transmission from overheating, or delay or mitigate the damage

OP
OP
B

blondie70

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The cam is a non VVT cam. A 3 bolt cam and Summit did not send a cam plate?? or the 3 bolts or a timing chain or the right cover. I was depending on them to sell me the rite stuff. Shop mechanic sez it will need a tune to shut off the VVT electronics. Maybe a little tune to run better with the cam. I gotta talk to him about the trans tune.
I may be off on some of the above 'cuz I don't know what the hell I'm talking about...ha ha ha
Thanks...all advice appreciated. ps...I just ordered a cable to adapt the VVT cable to just a cam cable.
Anyways...mechanic says engine looks really good and they gonna take a hard look at the heads...change the seals regardless.....may take 'em to nearby city to the head shop...ha

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
starnuts28