Rear Anti-Sway Bar for 1999 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rbirkey

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi, I am the relatively new owner of a 1999 Chevy Tahoe LS, 4DR, RWD, 5.7L Vortec with no rear anti-sway bar. I have upgraded the front anti-sway bar with a Belltech. I wanted to do the same in the rear (Belltech 5512), but they do not make one for a Tahoe with no factory anti-sway bar. I am looking for an option to add a rear bar and the choices seem to be extremely limited. In fact, I've only found one so far... the Roadmaster Item # RM-1109-144. See https://www.etrailer.com/p-RM-1109-144.html?VehicleID=19991023834

Does anyone have any experience with this product and option, or have found a better option?

Attachments

• 1999-tahoe-LS-drivers-side-1200.jpg
    1999-tahoe-LS-drivers-side-1200.jpg
    202.4 KB · Views: 3
  • 1999-tahoe-tn-doors-open-1200.jpg
    1999-tahoe-tn-doors-open-1200.jpg
    346 KB · Views: 3
  • 1999-tahoe-tn-engine-bay-1200.jpg
    1999-tahoe-tn-engine-bay-1200.jpg
    228.9 KB · Views: 3
  • belltech-5512.jpg
    belltech-5512.jpg
    356.8 KB · Views: 3
OP
OP
rbirkey

rbirkey

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Has anyone installed the Nolathane Z5690 sway bar on the rear of a 99 Tahoe?

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Contact Hellwig and see if they make a rear sway bar to fit your truck, as it looks like they do.

=======================

REAR SWAY BAR GM 92-00 SUBURBAN, TAHOE, YUKON, DELANI 2WD, SUBURBAN, TAHOE, YUKON 4WD
Part Number: 7608

Rear Sway Bar Kit

For your money, the best aftermarket investment you can make! Hellwig Sway Bars are an extremely effective handling upgrade you can make to your vehicle. Hellwig sway bars offer quick bolt on installation that are engineered to perform. An immediate improvement will be felt when you drive through the first corner with a Hellwig sway bar installed. Though most vehicles come equipped with factory installed sway bars, they are often insufficient for today?s load and tow demands. Hellwig sway bars feature larger than stock diameters and precision engineered components to optimize handling and reduce body roll.

=======================

Hellwig sway bars are quite pricey, but they virtually eliminate all body roll. I'm sure that you would be quite pleased with this brand and its performance, so much so, that you might consider getting a Hellwig front sway bar in the not too distant future.

OP
OP
rbirkey

rbirkey

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Contact Hellwig and see if they make a rear sway bar to fit your truck, as it looks like they do.

=======================

REAR SWAY BAR GM 92-00 SUBURBAN, TAHOE, YUKON, DELANI 2WD, SUBURBAN, TAHOE, YUKON 4WD
Part Number: 7608

Rear Sway Bar Kit

For your money, the best aftermarket investment you can make! Hellwig Sway Bars are an extremely effective handling upgrade you can make to your vehicle. Hellwig sway bars offer quick bolt on installation that are engineered to perform. An immediate improvement will be felt when you drive through the first corner with a Hellwig sway bar installed. Though most vehicles come equipped with factory installed sway bars, they are often insufficient for today?s load and tow demands. Hellwig sway bars feature larger than stock diameters and precision engineered components to optimize handling and reduce body roll.

=======================

Hellwig sway bars are quite pricey, but they virtually eliminate all body roll. I'm sure that you would be quite pleased with this brand and its performance, so much so, that you might consider getting a Hellwig front sway bar in the not too distant future.
I have contacted them but they have not responded. My Tahoe is RWD, not 4WD. Thanks.

OP
OP
rbirkey

rbirkey

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Joseph,

I have contacted Hellwig but they have not responded. My Tahoe is RWD, not 4WD. So I asked them if they have a product for my Tahoe. No response yet.

Thanks.

OP
OP
rbirkey

rbirkey

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hellwig got back to me and their kit 7608 does include everything I need for a 99 Tahoe RWD without a factory sway bar. So, I will report back on how it goes! Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirbyacquisitions