Rear camera wiring.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mr.Jack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been searcing the forum for hours now, without any luck.
So here we go:
I am installing a rear camera on top of the rear cargo door. But I need to know where to put the wire from there all the way to the new aftermarket stereo I am installing at the same time.
Should the wire go over the inside roof, down the A pole on the driver side and into the dash?
Or what do you guys think?

(I apologize for any bad spelling and grammar. I am Norwegian.) :)

Alex33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've heard dropping the headliner is a pain and for that reason many will advise against it. Another option would be running the wires down the D-pillar and then along the floor of the truck and up to the stereo. If the interior is already out, you could just run the wiring under the carpet down the middle of the floor as well. Just a few thoughts that might help.

riso79

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Run the wire anywhere you can. People run them inside the headliner, under the carpet all over. It really doesnt matter how you get the wire there just as long as its gets there. Keep in mind the longer the video cable the more expensive one is and quality is lost over long runs. I would get your power from the reverse lights at the back and just run the video cable to head unit.

John 2003

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a need for a good back up camera setup. I already have the BOSE stero and do not want to change . Any suggestions ??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustGibby

Latest posts