Rear Door Window Motor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dachrist

Reaction score
My drivers side rear door window motor is shot. I took the door panel off today, and tested the switch at the motor. Motor is getting power from the switch, and I can hear a faint "click", but nothing happens. Has anyone replaced just the window motor on the rear door, and if so, do you have to take the whole regulator assembly out?

C Hoov

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just replaced the Reg/Motor on my 01 Tahoe this weekend. You can just replace the motor, but just as easy to replace the entire assy (might as well since you have it torn down anyway). You can buy it for around $100 (or less as some here have noted)

chauncey0337

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did mine on my 2000 tahoe for under $50. Ebay dorman regulator/motor free shipping and a video from youtube. I think replacing the whole regulator is easier than messing with the cables.

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you just need the motor, I have one. Both my rear door regulators went out, and I replaced the entire assembly. I saved each of the motors off my original regulators tho, because they were still good. I will sell you one for like 20 bucks if you want.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SBRKPRO