Rear driver's side window won't roll down?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ypsetihw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
when you sit quietly in the car and use the switch on the driver's door, you can hear a clicking inside the rear driver's side door, which sounds like a switch is activating, meaning it obviously has power.

I think the motor is beat. I figured I could test by popping off the door panel and sticking my multimeter in there. How do I go about getting the rear passenger door panel off?

OP
OP
ypsetihw

ypsetihw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
bump for help please . . . think its the motor? is there a relay I should be looking for?

retro77

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have the same problem, only its the rear passenger side. Get some flat head screw drivers and slowly pop off the panel a little at a time. for mine the plug for the motor was just loose. I need to do it again, only this time, use some hot melt glue and put a glue line to hold the two parts together.

OP
OP
ypsetihw

ypsetihw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the same problem, only its the rear passenger side. Get some flat head screw drivers and slowly pop off the panel a little at a time. for mine the plug for the motor was just loose. I need to do it again, only this time, use some hot melt glue and put a glue line to hold the two parts together.

or you could solder it in there . . . I'll check and see if the connection is bad or what. I found a new motor on ebay shipped for like $40 if necessary

KMV77

Reaction score
Just a heads up...Some of those ebay motors are *****. My neighbor bought one for his dodge caravan and I installed it. It was definitely slower than the other factory ones. It was a cheapie from ebay around $50 bucks.
Kevin

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tcaphou