Rear HVAC only blows hot air in '05 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I thought about that but my luck it would fail tomorrow, and I would have to do it all over again.

I think you could tell right away whether it would hold or not. I'd fix it and rough it up a little to see what it'll take. If it survives testing, I'd run with it. Besides, if you have to do it again it'll take half the time since you'll have the experience.

oldchev

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had this exact same problem on my 2004 Denali about 6 years ago.
I tried epoxy and clamps for 24 hours. Looked great and was strong. Put it in and broke 2 days later. Longer story but didn't hold.
I bought the new housing with door on ebay, then installed. No problem since.
I can say it is difficult getting into some areas for the clips that hold 2 halves together. I took pics and have instructions saved I can post later this week, if you still need it.
Doable. Take your time. I think the second time I took 4 hours or so.

DRLexpress

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Let me know how your housing replacement goes. I may try it myself
Sorry it has been a couple days but finally got to it yesterday. Took about an hour or hour and a half. The only real problem I had was there are 2 studs in the lower case that go down through the floor in amongst the 4 heat and AC lines. You need to loosen the nuts on them (10mm deep socket) so you can wiggle things around enough to get the top case off. Just my luck both studs backed out of the case. That took an extra 15 minutes to figure out. Here are a couple pic's to show you what you are up against. Overall, pretty easy job. I had already bought 2 actuators when I thought that was the problem. Since they are easy to change, I reinstalled the old ones and they work fine. Guess I have 2 on the shelf for when they do die.
20240627_095349.jpg
20240627_095437.jpg
20240627_095948.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
resmith3