Rear Lift Gate

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MiniMaxNali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I’ve got a 21 Yukon Denali that I’ve been trying to track down a “creek” noice from the rear window/lift gate every time we go over any bumps in the road.

Took it in to warranty, to issue to find I was a 100 miles out of warranty so they refused to warranty it.

What I was told is the gasket that’s welded to the window is bad and need to replace the whole rear window. But unfortunately it comes as a kit, window&wing combo around $2k in parts!.

To recreate the noice I apply slight pressure on the rear window from the outside. Illl post a video of the noise it creates to help understand.

Has anyone had this issue?

Thanks!

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you open the window and move the gasket or see where it’s loose? I have an older rig and my gasket is attached to the hatch, not the glass. It may be as simple as gluing it back down. If GM won’t help and you need to replace the glass go to a local wrecking yard to find a compatible window but I’d push on your dealer too.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ve got a 21 Yukon Denali that I’ve been trying to track down a “creek” noice from the rear window/lift gate every time we go over any bumps in the road.

Took it in to warranty, to issue to find I was a 100 miles out of warranty so they refused to warranty it.

What I was told is the gasket that’s welded to the window is bad and need to replace the whole rear window. But unfortunately it comes as a kit, window&wing combo around $2k in parts!.

To recreate the noice I apply slight pressure on the rear window from the outside. Illl post a video of the noise it creates to help understand.

Has anyone had this issue?

Thanks!
I don't want to contradict what your dealer stated to you, but it appears that you can purchase the gasket alone, according to GMPartsDirect.com.

84921039 - Body: Glass Weather-strip for Cadillac: Escalade, Escalade ESV | Chevrolet: Suburban, Tahoe | GMC: Yukon, Yukon XL Image
Glass Weather-Strip
gm.pngGM

MSRP $27.12
$18.22
Add to Cart

https://www.gmpartsdirect.com/v-2023-gmc-yukon--denali--6-2l-v8-gas/body--glass-lift-gate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pedroG1988

Latest posts