Rear suspension noise, any suggestion appreciated

Is there a "Tahoe Squeak" in most of the last gen Tahoes?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tom3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've heard of the Tahoe Squeak so maybe someone has found this problem? Left rear side, standard suspension package on our 2019 Tahoe. I spent a couple hours under there looking, cleaning, lubing anything moves, didn't change it a bit. Is there one common thing back there that causes this? Started at about 8 or 10k miles, usually after a long drive, now it's pretty much right out of the garage at any bump. The actual sound is like a dry front ball joint only a bit quieter, but it's in the rear.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Could you provide us with the specific details of what you have checked and tried so far, so that we don't provide suggestions that you have already tried? I think that we will get to a solution for you sooner, if we proceed in this manner.

OP
OP
tom3

tom3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Googled this, came back to this site. I guess I didn't search far enough. Got some stuff to try though.

OP
OP
tom3

tom3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update. Son came over and bounced the Tahoe up and down, noise real plain on driver's side. I got my stethescope out and crawled underneath. Took about 10 seconds to pinpoint that squeak. Emergency brake cable housings rubbing together and rubbing on a little support bracket. Bracket was rubber covered but that wore through pretty quick. Those cables are really under a lot of tension with that routing setup. Put a sleeve around the bracket and greased the cables pretty good.
tahoe em brake squeak.jpg