Rearview mirror with backup screen AND compass/temp

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BEEMDUB

PIMP DADDY FLEX
Reaction score
A little dilemma I just thought of that I might run into is that after I get my tint tomorrow I'll probably want a backup cam to help me out a little at night. And since I'm going to be using a Samsung galaxy tab as my headunit, I won't be able to use a backup cam through it. I really like my stock mirror (non onstar) with the temp and compass built in. Is there any rear view mirror that still has the temp and compass but also has a backup screen?...I also forgot to add I'm looking preferably for one that's not $800 :D

Last edited:

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A little dilemma I just thought of that I might run into is that after I get my tint tomorrow I'll probably want a backup cam to help me out a little at night. And since I'm going to be using a Samsung galaxy tab as my headunit, I won't be able to use a backup cam through it. I really like my stock mirror (non onstar) with the temp and compass built in. Is there any rear view mirror that still has the temp and compass but also has a backup screen?...I also forgot to add I'm looking preferably for one that's not $800 :D

yes, $300+ on eBay and you'll have to do some wiring. This is one of the things stopping me from doing the iPad mini install. I'll lose the backup cam, the output to the rear headerst, USB in put that I fabbed up, the RCA inputs from the center console...

OP
OP
BEEMDUB

BEEMDUB

PIMP DADDY FLEX
Reaction score
yes, $300+ on eBay and you'll have to do some wiring. This is one of the things stopping me from doing the iPad mini install. I'll lose the backup cam, the output to the rear headerst, USB in put that I fabbed up, the RCA inputs from the center console...

Hmm I was reading a little bit online yesterday, and I found a couple threads online where people were working on getting backup cam systems to work with android. One guy actually got a backup working with his tablet, he made like his own app to control it, that would be sweet if they made it able to work through tablets.

karlh

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've seen them on eBay in the $200 range. My Tahoe does have OnStar. I'd like to keep everything plus add the LCD screen. I have a lazy eye so I have zero depth perception. Those cameras would have saved a couple backing Oops' over the years:)

Does anyone know how intense the wiring would be?

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've seen them on eBay in the $200 range. My Tahoe does have OnStar. I'd like to keep everything plus add the LCD screen. I have a lazy eye so I have zero depth perception. Those cameras would have saved a couple backing Oops' over the years:)

Does anyone know how intense the wiring would be?

With the $200 mirror, you still need to purchase the separate wiring to get the functions to work.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buukum