Reflector Lights in Doors...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2 of mine are in 2 pieces and the other 2 look like they're about to be. I wonder if I machined the same sized ones out of tinted plexi-glass and epoxied them on. Maybe it would look good...
When you do it make an extra set and send them out to Me in socal! :D

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
This seems to be a common issue for our trucks. There's a ton at my local salvage yard. I'll swipe some up and work with ideas for them as well.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah the other Denali's and the esky esv that belong to the family I live with are all doing it too. Unfortunately the local junkyards that are close enough for me to travel to rarely stock GM full sizes that are newer than 2002 and they are very few between. Extremely frustrating as I love going to the junkyards. I always went and could always find parts for my original Dakota I had and the Durango I had before the Denali. But I rarely find the newer GMs.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Yea when I had my 89 dakota junk yards were heaven for me lol. Every single part I wanted I could find,...and usually find a dozen of whatever I was looking for.
I'll see how many I can grab. I remember seeing at least 2 or 3 sets.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea when I had my 89 dakota junk yards were heaven for me lol. Every single part I wanted I could find,...and usually find a dozen of whatever I was looking for.
I'll see how many I can grab. I remember seeing at least 2 or 3 sets.
There's always Dakota's and Durangos in my local yards. Too bad I don't have one anymore haha. Let me know if you come up with something that works and I'll pick it up off you! Lol.

OP
OP
Madgrty

Madgrty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I'm going to cut out the tinted plexiglass in the shape of the factory cover, cut a smaller pocket inside that and press a clear piece of plexi glass into there so it will be tinted with a clear pocket where the bulb is, if that makes any sense. I just made the programs, now I just need to wait until I can get to a CNC machine. I'll post some pics once they're made and epoxied to the factory housing

JohnnyWc

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello! New to this forum, Names John,2004 Z71 Summit white Tahoe 75000 miles!
Same happened to me when putting in leds, plan to fix this is go down to menards, they have that thin diamond plate in chrome and black your choice, there are many guys on craigslist etc find one that with cut it to the size of the lens cut out an tahoe, chevy or z71 emblem and epoxy in, found an guy on craigslist with an cutter that will do four for 40 bucks, now just need to wire lights in back doors, pics to come!

OP
OP
Madgrty

Madgrty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's not a bad deal at all! Hopefully I'll be able to get to making these things either tomorrow or Friday! Excited to see pics from yours too!

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Sorry I've been so busy working to get to these. I'm doing mine by hand :oops:

Can't wait to see all these different ideas. This is something that needs to be put in production. Not only for our trucks but being interchangeable for all the other nbs trucks.:thumbsup:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
humbertoltx

Latest posts