Removing Head Liner 2007 Denali XL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Davey

Reaction score
Any one have any tips or trick on removing the headliner in a 2007 GMC Denali XL...? The side curtain air bags make me nervous. I have looked around on here but not much luck. Any help is appreciated!

BabyHuey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dotn worry about the side curtain air bags. As long as you dont cut any wires or anything your fine. Basically you need to take off all of your pillars and everything

OP
OP
D

Davey

Reaction score
From what I hear the Hardest part is not getting the headliner dirty... Got to love light tan! haha

LILC509

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You need to take all pillars off and out and rear back panels. It is PITA but when its all done its gonna be looking great. You need torx tools to get the seat belts off also I don't remember what number it is. Don't worry about the air bags as long as you don't cut, unplug or hit sensors you will be okay also disconnect the battery always when working on electronics in your vehicle. You have to remove the front, middle and rear dome lights with housing. Have someone help you with taking it down don't put bends on it. BTW Dynamat or use your choice of sound deadning material because you do not want to do it twice. Be careful with the tweeters in the front pillars because the plastic covers clips may break I didn't break any but I could see them breaking if being pulled hard enough. A good set of door panel removal tools will be of great help.

Last edited:

plush

Full Access Member
Reaction score
why would you want to remove the headliner, are you replacing it with something else?

OP
OP
D

Davey

Reaction score
I have to remove the headline to repair the roof. The roof panel is glued to the cross supports in roof. The glue has come undone between the sheet metal and cross-suports causing the sheet metal on the roof to pop. I have had 3 different body shops look at it and all of them tell me the same thing. So I can save some money by pulling the headliner down my self then taking it to the shop and getting it fixed. I have talked to 4 different dealerships and all tell me the same thing "Sorry that's not covered under warranty" GOT TO LOVE IT!!!

edgaranah1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have to remove the headline to repair the roof. The roof panel is glued to the cross supports in roof. The glue has come undone between the sheet metal and cross-suports causing the sheet metal on the roof to pop. I have had 3 different body shops look at it and all of them tell me the same thing. So I can save some money by pulling the headliner down my self then taking it to the shop and getting it fixed. I have talked to 4 different dealerships and all tell me the same thing "Sorry that's not covered under warranty" GOT TO LOVE IT!!!

Oh I remember u were the one with the loud pop after driving the truck for a while. Well glad u are getting it fixed thays the first time I heard a roof popping lol

OP
OP
D

Davey

Reaction score
Yeah that was me..... GM swears up and down they have never heard of it either. I bought the truck with 30k on it and from a 60 year old grandmother and have every maintenance record from anything that was done even the oil changes. Absolutely nothing on the CARFAX indicating any fender bender, hail damage etc. I just don't understand it.

edgaranah1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah bummer. Sometimes there just defective well hope this solves your issue. I bet it got really annoying.

bjde0b

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Is the headliner attached with clips or glued. I pulled of the back pillars and it seemed like it might be glued. I am trying to get to the A/C vents. I pulled the back cover of the A/C and the actuator is working and blowing air into the vent up the column so I know it is getting to the headliner, so now I need to pull the headliner.

Thanks for the help.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Csides